Adyghe State University is a leading educational and research center of the Republic of Adygea. ASU history dates back to 1940, when the city of Maikop, opened Teachers’ Institute, which became in 1952 Adyghe Pedagogical Institute, and in 1993 – State University. The opening of the university marked the beginning of higher education in Adygea, created the necessary conditions for the emergence of other educational and research institutions in the region.
Today it is one of the leading universities in the South of Russia, which has well-known scientific schools, highly qualified teaching staff, modern technology, and information base. As a recognized educational, scientific and cultural center of the region, ASU continues to develop dynamically and actively participates in the formation of a competitive “knowledge economy”.